Useful information and opening times
USEFUL INFORMATION WHEN CLIMBING AT SUMMIT CENTRE
- Competent climbers will need to register at Summit Centre on their first visit (registration is free).
- If you’ve never climbed before, you’ll need to book an instructed session.
- For under 18s there are different procedures depending on age and competence – please phone us to find out more – 01443 710090.
- A 50m rope is needed to climb on the lead walls.
- Quickdraws are in place.
- You can hire the following equipment from us – climbing shoes, harnesses, chalk bags and belay devices, but not ropes.
- We have a selection of top rope lines available with ropes in place.
- Reasonably priced sandwiches, snacks and drinks are available in reception.
- Monday to Friday : 10am – 10pm (Please note: Between 10am and 2pm - limited availability for lead climbing due to staffing levels)
- Weekends and bank holidays : 12pm – 6pm
AERIAL ADVENTURE OPENING TIMES
- Saturdays (Mar to Oct inclusive): 12pm – 6pm (last entry 5pm)
- School Holidays (excluding Christmas) : Monday to Friday (excl Bank Hols) 2pm – 6pm (last entry 5pm)
- Price - £8 per person for 2 goes
- Group bookings can be made outside of these times (subject to availability) please contact us for details
THERE IS NO ADMIN FEE FOR SIGNING UP TO CLIMB
Yearly Membership – £25
Admission prices for Climbing at Summit Centre in 2017:
|age 12 - 17 years||£6.50||£5.50|
|age 6 - 11 years||£5.00||-|
|age 5 and under||£2.50||-|
|friday nights from 6pm||£5.00||£4.00|
|3 months' unlimited entry||-||
Admission prices for Bouldering at Summit Centre in 2017:
|age 12 - 17 years||£5.00|
|age 6 - 11 years||£4.50|
|age 5 and under||£2.50|
- Harness – £1
- Belay device and karabiner – £1
- Climbing Shoes – £3
- Chalk Bag – £1
You can bring a group to Summit Centre and either we will provide instructors or you can bring your own.
Each of our instructors can take a group of up to 8 climbers at a cost of £50 per hour of instruction with all equipment included. Please ring to arrange a time for your group to come and visit us.
If you provide your own instructors, the cost is only £5 per person, with no equipment included.
If you are bringing a group to climb at Summit Centre we would really appreciate you calling us and letting us know how many people you are bringing and if you require any equipment.
All external instructors need to provide proof of qualification, first aid and insurance.
Rock UK Summit Centre has a small rest area with filled rolls, cakes, flapjacks, hot and cold drinks and snacks available.